Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lemon Poppy Seed Soap Update

I have been allowing the lemon poppy seed soap  to cure for a little over 2 weeks. Most of the bars are starting to harden to the point where I can pick them up without crushing them and those mushy icky brown spots are becoming harder as well. However the fresh lemony smell I wanted has turned in to a slightly fresh lemony smell. I am not to sure how I feel about that.The bars haven't shown any signs of DOS yet and I hope it doesn't but only time will tell.

I did get a little to excited to try it so, I cut off a little piece to try. I really like the way it makes me skin feel. It doesn't do much in the bubble department but the soap makes my skin just feel amazing.

Any suggestions on how to rework this recipe? The original one was:
Avocado Oil 39.3%
Sunflower Seed Oil  19.7%
Sweet Almond Oil 19.7%
Coconut Oil 13.1%
Palm Oil   8.2%

2 comments:

  1. You don't have a lot of hard oils in there - just 20%, I use 60% hard oils. Not sure if that would have anything to do with the brown spots but I think so. Try upping the hard oils and lowering the Avocado (i use it in soap - LOVE it) and see if it happens again?

    ReplyDelete