Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cypress Essential Oil

One of the reasons I got into soap making was because you can use essential oils. I have always been really interested in aromatherapy and natural ways to cure ailments.

When I was living in Chicago I didn't have any heath insurance and I had to find a natural way to cure everything. I could not afford to go to the ER so I spent a lot of my sick time at whole foods or zooming around the interweb seeking ways to cure myself or my boyfriend. 

I have found A World of Aromatherapy to be very informative and interesting. If you know any of these statements to be false please let me know and I will fix them accordingly.

Cypress essential oil is one essential oil I find quite interesting. It  has a very relaxing and refreshing effect. Because of its sweet scent and can be paired well with Lavender, Citrus Oils and Juniper.  It has antispasmodic, astringent, diuretic, and expectorant properties. It can be used to help ease the symptoms of menopause and menstruation. Please note Cypress has antispasmodic properties and should be avoided during pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment