Thursday, June 9, 2011

How sad

So I have let the lemon poppy seed soap sit for 3 days and now it has just turned UGLY. Its gotten dark and mushy in some spots I don't think there is anything I can do to save it.

I cut a small piece off of one my single bars and while it lathers great the inside is still soft. I will try and let that one cure a bit and see how it goes

The loaf its self seems to have only gone ugly where the yellow is. I think I will just let it sit as well. Pics to come when I get new batteries. 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh you need to post pics. I was planning al lemon poppy seed one. I've used poppy before without any trouble. Perhaps, depending on your recipe, it is still saponifying? Did you gel? Sorry, just trying to think of reasons why there are dark spots, but mushy isn;t good :( Some pics might help xx

    ReplyDelete